Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nariyal na Doodh ma Knolkol



This is one veggie I've never cooked before. Hubby loves it. So I procured some, called up my Ma in law and found out how to cook it.

It's quite simple, the recipe she gave me, and works with delicious results.

Knol Kol Parsi Style-

4 or 5 knol-kol
200 ml coconut milk
1 medium onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 green chilli, minced
1 tsp jeera seeds/ cumin seeds
1 tbsp oil
salt

Peel the hard outer skin of the knol-kols. Cut into small cubes, the smaller the better.
Heat oil in kadai. Put in the cumin seeds once the oil is hot. Add the garlic and the minced green chilli. Fry for a minute and then add the chopped onion. Fry well for 2 or 3 minutes.

Add the cubed knol-kol and fry for atleast 5 minutes stirring well.

Add salt.

Pour in the coconut milk and add some water if required. Bring to a boil and cook till the knol-kol is cooked through. This might take a while, so cut them into small cubes.

Serve hot with rice or rotis.

1 comment:

Ansh said...

I love the Khol Rabi ... We cook it very differently in Kashmir, but I need to try this yummy recipe