Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Akuri- Masala Scrambled Eggs, The Parsi way..



4-6 Eggs
1/4 cup milk.
1 cup Tomatoes, Chopped
1 cup Onions, Chopped fine
Chillies
fresh Coriander, Chopped Fine
A sprig of curry leaves
Ginger Garlic Paste
Jeera powder
Turmeric
Chilli powder
Salt
oil

In a non stick frying pan heat oil and fry the onions on a medium flame till almost caremalised. Don't burn them. Add the tomatoes and the chillies, the sprig of curry leaves, a teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, half teaspoon each turmeric, chilli and jeera powders, mix well. Cook till tomatoes are cooked through and the oil is released. Lower the heat. Add salt and the chopped coriander and mix well.
In a cup or bowl beat the eggs and milk. Pour it slowly into the pan, stirring constantly till all is poured in. Keep the heat low or the Akuri will thicken too fast. Remove from heat when it comes to the consistency you like- loose and runny or firm or somewhere in between...
Serve with rotis, warmed Brun bread or with regular sliced bread.

Add a dollop of butter just before serving :)

3 comments:

Marie said...

I was looking for this recipe for such a long time and thanks to Sunshinemom who introduced me to your blogsite, I found it!!! however, i couldn't figure out how to subscribe to your blog - by email perhaps. Maybe I am missing something.
My blogsite is flavours-and-aromas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to make akuri for a while. Thanks for the recipe

Kalyan Karmakar said...

hi just stumbled onto your blog from network blogs Rhea. Akuri is my father in law's fav. He likes it spicy.

I scrolled down and I saw shorshe ilish.

I am a Bong married to a Parsi. Am i right in guessing that you are the same?

Cheers

Kalyan